Hope and Joy Society for the Underprivileged was founded and registered with the Indian authorities by the Chaturvedi family in 2004. We believe that each child, whether born rich or poor, deserves equal opportunities, and every child who does not have access to education, who is compelled to work for a living, who is neglected, abused or exploited represents a serious violation of the Indian constitution. We want to work with others to reduce discrimination by caste, economic status, and gender. Society aims include:
- To provide education to underprivileged children
- To help parents and families understand the importance of education
- To prevent the exploitation of poor children
- To organize medical camps for the underprivileged
- To offer vocational training to older members of underprivileged families
- Upliftment projects, especially for girls and women.
We hope to exchange our experiences and ideas with other similar-minded organizations and institutions. We want to motivate others to come together to work for a brighter future for all.